SWEETWATER
restaurant
History
The History of the Sweetwater

"In 1915, Martha and Clarence Dow, Mormon pioneers from Utah, came to Jackson via covered wagon and built a log cabin. It was to be their home for five years. Like other pioneer families, their dream sustained them only briefly and after moving to Idaho, their cabin became a home for many successive families, including long-time residents, Ed and Emily Coe, who operated the local blacksmith shop at 75 South King Street. Originally a square tenon cornered cabin, the Coe Cabin underwent modification in the early 1920's when the coped corner section of the southern half of the restaurant was added on. the simple pitched roof was changed to the gable style seen today. The shingled eaves and roof, as well as the log corner construction exemplify the early western mountain home."

Rachel Sidle, Jackson Hole Museum and The Teton County Historical Society

Sweetwater Restaurant is the proud designee of Historical Significance for the Coe Cabin as presented by The Teton County Historical Trust and Preservation.



This pioneer home is the legacy of Sweetwater Restaurant, founded in 1976. We hope to preserve and maintain the spirit and character of the early days of Jackson Hole.



Owner/Executive Chef
Trey Davis
Website Builder